Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Take your small talk & shove it!

I know it is time for being thankful for all that we are blessed with and believe me I am but this isn't one of those blog posts. This morning I saw RED! This morning I wanted to take my fist and cram it down John Doe's throat. Okay so the scenario goes a little something like this......after dropping our sweet precious little boy off at his Tita's house I headed to work. It had been raining all morning but the rain was down to a sprinkle. Background information: we don't really have much time or energy to do much of anything after work now that we have a baby, so the back of our truck looked like a GDS garbage truck. There must have been 7 huge bags of trash back there. I thought to myself, you know I will help Travis out and drop these off since the recycling place was on my way. Just as I pull in the sprinkle turns into a monsoon. I wasn't about to leave, pull into work looking like the trash lady for the third day in a row so I put it in park, pulled my rain coat hood on and jumped out. At this point the dumpster attendee leaves his nice covered shed and makes his way over to me. I thought, wow, what a good samaritan this guy is. Psssh, the man came over stood right next to the truck and watched me pull all 7 bags out and heave them into the bin, one by one, as he shoots the shit about the rain. The conversation went a little something like this: John Doe "Sure is coming down out here", Me "Sure is", John Doe "Not the best time to be dropping off trash", ME "No, No it isn't but you got to when you can". John Doe finds that humorous. After I heaved the last bag of trash; I jumped in the truck soaking wet and don't look back, the nerve of some people. I would have been fine with him staying in the damn shed but why come over. Got to love a good ole boy.


Ahhh, feel better after getting that off my chest. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment