Monday, April 26, 2010

Hostess City of the South


This weekend we took a little trip to Savannah, GA. I love little trips!
The Ashe's loaded up, headed south for some family time and good seafood.
My father-in-law loves fried seafood, and for two years he had talked about
this restaurant called Uncle Bubba's Oyster House located in Tybee Island.
As we waited for our appetizer, chargrilled oysters,
I recognized a man at the bar (I had seen him on TV),
he was Uncle Bubba in the flesh.
Back to the food, the chargrilled oysters,
are these delicious bites smothered with parmesan cheese and butter.
I swear I could have ate two dozens by myself.
The fried shrimp, fried scallops, cheesy grits &
savannah red rice were equally as delicious.
My father-in-law was spot on.
As we headed out Uncle Bubba shook our hands, thanked us for eating at
his restaurant and took a picture with us. Uncle Bubba was Southern charm
and hospitality at its finest.
Kudos Uncle Bubba!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Uncle Bubba's and Lady & Sons. I will get there one of these days...its on my bucket list. :) haha

    I'm glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete