Friday, April 23, 2010

Instuctor Lady

All the cool kids are doing it............
My mamacita taught me to never be a follower but you know what, I want to blog about stuff too! Ultimately, the decision to create a blog was sealed when I watched Julie & Julia (thanks Katie!). Now I'm clearly not going to embark upon a cooking venture, that would just be silly but I do plan on writing about my own daily occurences.
For example:
Last night after work I went to 30/30 an exercise class offered at the Rec. Center in Cullowhee. It's an hour class where we do 30 minutes of step cardio and 30 minutes of strength training.
*Disclaimer... I haven't been to 30/30 in two weeks because I broke my toe playing basketball (a story for a different day). Not really a fan of working out, but desperate to lose my muffin top, I met D. We went in and got all the equipment like the step, weights etc. I knew our regular instructor was on vacation so I was hoping that we had an easy night to ease me back in. After seeing the instructor, which was an older and rather heavier lady.... I thought "YES". Well, I should note that my mamacita also taught me to keep ugly thoughts to myself unless she is around and we can discuss these thoughts in Spanish. Turns out instructor lady had a few tricks up her sleeve. Fifteen minutes in and my face was so red I couldn't even see the white in my eyes. I was sweating from places I never knew could sweat. All I could think was, oh she knows I underestimated her and she is showing the young whippersnapper who is boss. She kept yelling whooo hoo, clapping her hands in the air and telling us to step it up. To say the least, it was the longest hour EVER! Wish I remembered her name so I could name this blog after her but I was too busy critiquing her. SHAME ON ME! Good workout Instructor Lady!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow deleted my first post, minerva. BUT what I wanted to say was, Yay!!! Welcome aboard. We can follow each other now! Way to make it thru the class...are you sore? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) YAY for your BLOG! I have another blogger friend!

    2) Yes, I too was in the same mindset that it was going to be an easy night. NEGATIVE! I do not remember her name either, but I think we should call her "30/30 Nazi". I could.not.keep.up.with.her. I just kept moving.

    BUT it was a great workout and I felt great afterwards!

    3) I will mention that 30/30 turned into 37.5/37.50 because we were in there an hour and 15.

    ReplyDelete