Friday, March 11, 2011

Holy Moley....10 more weeks!


The fact that I have a little person in my belly that is growing, stretching and kicking; is still very surreal. He is very active these days, or should I say he is much stronger because I feel every move. I feel like he has NO room to be wallering around in there. This week P'nuts stats have him weighing 3lbs and 10oz (at last Dr. appt) and http://www.babycenter.com/ states that he is measuring 17in. Crazy to think about when a full term baby measures 19-21in. I am constantly amazed; right now he recognizes our voices, when Travis talks to him or puts his hand on my belly he starts showing out for his daddy. When someone else tries to feel him move he stops, almost like a button is pushed. He saves all his movements for us! Speaking of movements, his kicking and jabbing really hurt sometimes but all I do is smile, rub my belly to let him know I know he is in there. We have been going to Lamaze Childbirth Classes, they are nothing like TV shows or movies portray them. You think Lamaze and visualize women sitting on the floor, breathing heavily with their partners behind them or at least I did until I read the Lamaze book and attended these classes. I am really happy with our decision to learn about natural childbirth. It really doesn't have to be like an assembly line upon arriving at the hospital. I know many things can go wrong and a birth plan is just that a plan but we will try our hardest to keep it as natural as possible. Friends that have had babies are quick to discourage this notion because of their experience but every pregnancy and delivery is different. Our mindset going in, is that we can handle this, if it proves to be otherwise then we will adapt. I recently witnessed a real life labor and I must say it put things in perspective. I know what I want for our labor but I can just hope it works out that way. The important thing is to concentrate on the end result! Our baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment