Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Best Lasagna I Ever Ate

Well for starters I forgot to take a picture of the finished masterpiece so I am currently a little peeved at myself! Maybe if I eat another piece I will get over it.
A little background information, I love pasta.... angel hair, fettuccini, farfalle, penne, ok you get the point. Thus why I usually pack a little extra flab around the waist line.
Our friends The Seymour's invited us over for dinner a few months ago, lasagna was on the menu that night. There isn't anything Katie Seymour whips up that I don't like. Her meatloaf made me start eating ground beef again if that tells you anything.
My family always requests lasagna, especially my Stepdad, it is not one of my specialities by any means but it is edible. I don't have a special recipe, it's kinda mediocre and I use ricotta.
I asked Katie for her recipe because it was oh so good. In good judgement I am not going to give her recipe away but I will tell you she uses cream cheese instead of ricotta. Cream cheese makes for a creamier lasagna. I gave her recipe a shot a couple nights ago since I was having my family over for dinner. I started to think that maybe I was hyping this lasagna up too much, maybe my pregnant taste buds were exaggerating! But when they all came short of licking their plates I knew we had a winner on our hands. I couldn't take credit for it though, Katie you are a culinary genius! Delicioso

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You will be like the first latino italian chef. :) XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet! Although, I can not take credit for that recipe. Interestingly enough, that recipe was given to my Mom from my Dad and his first wife's friend, Cynthia Westergard in Bradenton Florida. I agree that it is, hands down, the best lasagna I have ever eaten. As for the rest of my culinary ventures, there is no one I would rather cook for. You and Travis are the ideal dinner guests; adventurous, warm, and let's face it...you guys crack my ass up. There is nothing on this earth as wonderful as good friends and good food. And I am so grateful that I have you, sweet friend, to share those blessed meals with. And just think, here very soon, we will have another special person at our table. God is so good! I love you:)

    ReplyDelete