Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday Stroll


In lieu of Friday date night (thanks again Mr. Snow), we headed to Asheville Sunday after breakfast in hopes of finding Travis some work boots. After a successful trip at Dick's we headed to the Barnes & Noble located in the mall. Upon entering the mall the alluring smell of Starbucks hit our nostrils. I need to clarify that since little p'nut took my body over; the thought of coffee makes me sick, not to mention the smell. My morning coffee was a thing of the past, having forgone caffeine for the past 20+ weeks and with no intention of drinking it now even though everything I read states that one cup of joe is A-Ok! I completely surprised Trav when I asked if he wanted to get a coffee. He quickly agreed, we went in, ordered a Skinny Vanilla Latte for him & a Skinny Vanilla Decaf Latte for the pregnant lady. With Latte in hand I approach a Barnes & Noble employee for assistance, the layout of the B & N in the mall is so different from the regular one (I was confused). I asked the nice boy if he could point me to the Pregnancy Book section. The look on his face was priceless when he glanced at my baby bump then to my hand that was carrying my Latte. He must have been thinking, "Yes, you obviously need all the pregnancy reading material written and by the way, how dare you be drinking caffeine right now!" I just smiled and went on my way. Once at the Pregnancy section I began looking for a few books I had in mind. I kept noticing that the people heading to the bathroom (bathroom located right by the Pregnancy section) were giving me disapproving looks. I wanted to shove my Latte (which stated decaf on the side) in their holier-than-thou faces but I just kept on with the task at hand. Once we paid for our books & headed to the car, Trav confirmed that I was not imagining it, people were in fact judging me because I am pregnant and was drinking a coffee. People please mind your own business and don't judge me, I promise our babies health is my top priority. Geez!!!

~ Outward judgment often fails, inward judgment never. ~ Theodore Parker

3 comments:

  1. You should have shoved the cup in their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Picture on the blog. Good find. *sipping decaf as I type*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could totally understand the judgmental looks if you were walking around with booze in your hand. I am shocked !

    ReplyDelete